WZNE Contest Rules
These rules are applicable to all WZNE – The Zone @ 94.1 contests unless specifically noted otherwise for a particular contest.
- No purchase necessary, no prize substitution. Prizes are non transferable and not negotiable. Prizes can not be exchanged for cash.
- Winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, if any.
- Must be 18 years of age or older on the day of entry. (Some WZNE contests will require winners to be 21 years of age or older on the day of entry as specified).
- All federal, state, and local laws apply. Must be a legal resident of New York and live in the greater Rochester metropolitan area.
- Only one winner per household. Winning households may not win twice within a 30 day period. Some contests allow younger winners. Ask at the time of the contest if this is allowed. Minors are required to travel with a parent or legal guardian where necessary.
- Employees of WZNE – The Zone @ 94.1, Stephens Media Group, other local media groups, and any other sponsors are not eligible to participate to win.
- By participating, winners grant permission for their voice and telephone call to be recorded and rebroadcasted for promotional use on WZNE – The Zone @ 94.1, and further agree to sign a hold harmless agreement and release agreement before receiving a prize. If you are not available at the time of our phone call, you forfeit the prize.
- This contest is not open to owners, officers, employees, consultants or advertising marketing agencies of/for any radio station or cable television franchise in the Rochester area or total survey areas defined by Arbitron Radio.
- WZNE – The Zone @ 94.1 limits the winning of prizes Valued at $500-$999 to once every 6 months. WZNE – The Zone @ 94.1 limits the winning of Major Prizes (valued at $1,000.00 and up) to once every 12 months.
- All prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning unless otherwise specified. In the event of travel prizes, winners must respond to email or phone messages within 3 business days or prizes will be forfeited.
- WZNE – The Zone @ 94.1 reserves the right to amend or change the above rules at anytime as well as end any contest anytime. All decisions of station management with regard to the awarding of prizes, the selection of winners and the interpretation of these rules shall be final. Each contestant by virtue of entering the contest agrees to accept the decision of the station as final.
- WZNE – The Zone @ 94.1 is not responsible for technical failure including, but not limited to reception, telecommunications equipment, internet access, database storage or operator error.
- DISCLAIMERS: All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply; void where prohibited by law; winners are responsible for any and all taxes associated with the acceptance of their prize. Winners accept all liabilities for use of prize. The above-named companies accept no liability or responsibility for damages, losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsors of contests reserve the right to contact all participants about additional offers. You may opt out of such offers at any time. Your personal information will not be shared or sold to any third party companies and will only be used by the station and sponsor.